My Comment
Those who spent their entire lives pursuing nothing but the ideals will find only failure. We must, in trying to attain our ideals, embrace reality as well. For example, if we search for the absolutely perfect spouse, we search for someone who doesn't even exist. Embrace reality, accept the sub-ideal, but do not sacrifice the ideals in doing so. It is often said that beauty often hides in people's small flaws. If we ignore the flawed while searching for the ideal, we would miss this hidden beauty.
This is what I put on her commenting system for that particular post :
Dear you,
about yer posting that we're looking / waiting for someone non-existent, that's quite true.
I just posted not so long ago about every fault that I saw in every guy I met. Kinda have problem with that lately, coz I caanot find a perfect one anymore, after a year ago finding and loosing one :'( Cannot move on until now, which kinda causes my current problem trying to find a perfect guy, with the 'help' of some comparisons with THE previously spoken perfect guys. But I take the sentences you wrote as a personal advice, really. I always think that there's a connection between what you've been writing and what I've been goin thru... (remembering quite a while ago, when we had similar situation too).
A light note personally:
Lookin at myself, I know that I'm nowhere remotely close to the vicinity of perfection. Intolerance of imperfection means intolerance to myself. But I also know that some people match, or not. That's what makes all make sense. We're not trying to find the perfect one, but ones that match us. I'm sure I'll complete someone else in the universe, somehow, sometimes. The process ain't easy, but maybe that's why it's so rewarding :)
Anyways, remembering her (the fella blogger), I remember Jerry Maguire, kinda love this movie.
"I love him! I love him for the man he wants to be. And I love him for the man he almost is."
Great quote.



posted by siduahuruf @ 2:31 a. m.