Bunda ("Mom")
Kupandangi smua gambar diri, kecil bersih belum ternoda
Pikirku pun melayang dahulu penuh kasih
Teringat semua cerita orang tentang riwayatku
Kata mereka diriku slalu dimanja
Kata mereka diriku slalu ditimang
Nada-nada yang indah slalu terurai darinya
Tangisan nakal dari bibirku takkan jadi deritanya
Tangan halus dan suci tlah mengangkat tubuh ini
Jiwa raga dan seluruh hidup tlah dia berikan
Ooh bunda, ada dan tiada dirimu, kau selalu ada di dalam hatiku."
-Bunda by Melly Goeslaw-
Quite late nite, I was there today in the back seat of a black Volkswagen back from Gurnee Mills. Manda's Dell Jukebox was in its shuffle mode, then suddenly Laison ended up pickin this song. We all said that the song was "Bunda" by Melly Goeslaw. Firstly I wanted to sing along with the song (come on, it's a good one!), but then I preferred to think instead and wondered how can one composed such a full and beautiful song. I kept myself quiet and listened to every single words. I treasured more and more, and kept thinkin how meaningful and logical the song was. I looked up to the sky... Suddenly the sky was bluer and the stars were there hangin and twinkling like no ever. Quiet, still... Far far away, I knew that my mom saw the same sky I was looking in the other hemisphere of the earth.
Then there, in that very sentimental moment, I was hit and realized how small I was without her, how she did every single thing for me... I fell emotionally. I knew my tears were flowing from my eyes that time, but my lips started moving. I decided to sing while looking up to the stars, keep thinking how my life has been and knowing most of my life's part has my mom in them; she really sacrificed a lot for me. If I ever can sing this song with all my hearts to every beat the song has, that time will be THE IT. I sang with no rush, no crazy awareness of rightness in music, no nothing. With feelings only, I sang quietly. I knew sometimes my voice wasn't there, but my heart still sang along until the very last words.
Mom, I think I do miss you alot... I love you... I know you always think about me there at our home.



posted by siduahuruf @ 1:45 a. m.