<bgsound src="">

domingo, mayo 08, 2005

The Sad Part Is...

I was there in the futon and I had the very nice jazz accompanying my effort studying Statistics, one of the subject I will have a final on next week. Trully being sad, I tried to study. This is weekend and I had to be here, staying and reading... Sooo boring. Anyways, I still have to do this to keep the continuity of my life, since finals week is just ridiculously that important.

Suddenly, I heard the fire alarm, the noisiest thing you never want to hear, since it means you have to get your ass off the futon and go outside the building. I took a glance at the digital clock on the microwave, it was 1:22 AM. Not fun, so not fun!!! It was in the middle of the nite, when the wind is just like 9 degrees Centigrade. This is trully sad. Even when I'm trying to study, in my room which I will no longer live in in the next 24 x 7 hours, in the weekend, I have to get out of my warm building because of the fire alarm. This is so saaaad. The fact that Gordon Common was closed already added a kinda more sad feeling. It'll be all cold for the next at least 15 minutes.

There I was, staring at the people whining why this thing happens.
"This is freakin not funny! I have a freakin exam tomorrow!"
"I almost reached my tower, was just this close! (with that kinda hand action) This fire alarm!!"
or just "Hurrrgh!!!"
I felt much more colder and sad.

Then I saw this view. I remember this very unique couple I noticed about a week ago. It wasn't long ago when I was talking in the phone with my boyfriend and said that lately it was funny, this couple few days I had seen 3 different-races-couple. All of them are American male and Asian-like female. This couple I saw in this story is one of them. The guy was standin tall and the girl was standing as close as she could to her boyfriend. They were facing each other. He held the girl, trying to protect her from everything, maybe from the coldness of the nite.

Then I realized, the worst and sad-dest part of all is not the reality that I was kept outside the building when it was cold, in the middle of night after my studying for final. It's also not that I couldn't get into my room as soon as possible while having the obligation listening to people's complaints. The sad part is that I'm there and nobody is standing still with me there; I'm trully alone...

A couple minutes after having this thought, we were all allowed to go back to our room. I arrived and took another quick glance at the clock. 1:38 AM; 16 minutes of loneliness. I heard my jazz again, realizing I didn't even have the time to turn it off before leaving my room. Then again I sat on the futon, thinking how lonely I feel, staring blankly at the cd player and didn't even try to digest the jazz anymore. Trying to gain the pieces of me again...