<bgsound src="">

martes, noviembre 04, 2008

Puerto Rico 08

, my first Carribean experience (After this I'm sure I'll have more than one :D )was industrious and heavily mosquito infested, just like in other tropical countries.

Was in that island for almost a week and spent not a day on the beach. Very tiring, very rewarding, very eyes opening, very fun, very liberating. Polished my Spanish a bit.

Spent more than 12 hrs daily in the site. It was a very fun playground though :) Juga, satu2nya tempat bisa dengerin Salsa sambil kerja...

Travelled with one of the funniest guys at work, Colleague G. It was a very fun blast! You would never expect whatever comes out of his mouth. Hahahaha... Berikut adalah hal2 yang gw inget kita alami di Puerto Rico...

Pas di airport.
Colleague G : Stephanie, is that all that you bring?
gw : No it's my laptop carry on only. I still have a baggage checked in. You?
Colleague G : I only bring this. It contains only my swimsuit and beach towel.
gw : Hehehe...

Di pesawat
Colleague G : Do you wanna borrow this from me?
gw : *ngeliat : board how to learn Spanish* Hahaha... Sure, I'm borrowin it now.
Pas ke wc lewatin Colleague G. Nih orang dari tadi sibuk banget baca buku, dah ada 3 jam kali... Gw pikir dia baca novel... Ternyata waktu lewat baru keliatan : NIH ORANG LAGI CRAMMING BACA BUKU KELAS SPANISHNYA DARI HIGH SCHOOL! Hahahahahahahaha... *susah nahan ketawa...*

gw : Colleague G, where are we staying?
Colleague G : In a hotel.
gw : I see... Why don't we stay at Colleague A's staying?
Colleage G : Yea it's so very unfortunate, isn't it... They don't allow us stay for only 5 nites.
*jeng jeng... pas sampe... terang benderang... "Four Point by Sheraton, HOTEL AND CASINO!"*
Colleague G : Don't let D (our boss) know about this.
gw : Hahahaha... Sure, sure... *Unfortunate apanyah?!?*
(Setelah 2 hari kita pindah ke tempatnya Colleague A).

Colleague G : I wanna move from our hotel. It's way expensive. How's your place, A?
Colleague A : It's a nice apartment complex, we have to ask whether you can stay only for 3 nites though. It's owned by Chichi Rodriguez.
Colleague G : *Eyes widened* Are you kiddin me? The golfer?
Colleague A : Yea, I talked to him several times.
Colleague G : No way! I wanna stay in your place!
Colleage A : Do you golf?
Colleague G : Love it. Let's move in tomorrow?
gw : *dalem ati : There goes our Hotel and Casino, all in Colleague G's hand...*

Pas pengen booking di apartment...
Colleague G : Stephanie, do you have your camera with you?
gw : For taking picture of you and Chichi?
Colleague G : *smiling...* yeaaaa... Do you guys know how many times that guy won the PGA?
Colleage A : 10?
gw : a hundred? *keep shooting random numbers*
Colleague G : I dunno too. I thought you guys know.
gw : -_- '

Lagi ngelewatin Toll di highway...
Colleague G : That guy behind us is our friend, Stephanie.
gw : *ngeliat blkg* Huh? Who is it?
Colleague G : It's the Doritos Truck guy.
gw : ??
Colleague G : Hola! Can I pay for that guy too? He's my friend.
Tollway girl : Who? *Muka heran*
Colleague G : That guy just behind us, with the white truck.
Tollway girl : That one? *point at the oncoming truck just behind us*
Colleague G : Yes. How much is it for a truck?
Tollway girl : $1 please.
Colleague G : Ok, here you go. Tell him that I paid for him already.
Lewatin Tollway...
Colleague G : I can't imagine the truck driver's face when she told him that we paid for him already.
gw : I don't know which one wonders more, the truck driver or the tollway girl. You shouldave seen her face! I bet that truck driver doesn't wanna drive close to us now. Hahahahaha... Kinda afraid.
Colleague G : *high five ma gw* Yeaaah to bringin the prank down to Puerto Rico!
gw : *high five* Hahahahahahaha...

Colleague G : Stephanie?
gw : Yes?
Colleague G : Have you started dreaming about our evaporator?
gw : HA?! Noooo... Hahahahahahaha... Have you?
Colleague G : Yesterday nite, I had a very weird dream...

gw : Are we still goin at 8:45?
Colleague G : Sorry I overslept.
gw : That's ok.
9:10
*knock2*
Colleague G : Come on, I'm tired waiting on you.
gw : *err...?*

Colleague G : A, have you ever snorkled since you're here?
Colleague A : No, I've never. We're busy all the time with the plant...
Colleague G : Do you know where we can?
gw : *dalem ati : Alaaah... gw tau dia pasti ga bawa swimsuit!*
Colleague A : I will ask somebody later, I know this guy who goes with boat sometimes...
Colleague G : I'm just kidding, I just wanna know if you've ever done it here.

Colleague A : Too bad you guys are here and never went to the beach.
Colleague G : A, you have to sabotage something before you left, so that I will have the chance to come back here again and help resolve. Sabotage the pump!
gw : ??!? Hahahahahaha...

Colleague A : What time will you come tomorrow? When's yer flight tomorrow?
Colleage G : Do you want us to come back again tomorrow? We have some other things to do. I don't see anything more we can help you with.
gw : *dalem ati : Seinget kita besok ga ada acara selaen balik ke airport...*
Colleague G : A, I promise you, we're not goin snorkling...
gw : HAHAHAHAHHAA...

Ordering Wendy's, drive thru...
Wendy's Chica : Hola! Bla bla bla... (Indo : Gimana bisa dibantu?)
gw : Hmm Can I have an Enormous Omelette? (Sumpah menunya bahasa Inggris!)
Wendy's Chica : No habla Inglés. Habla Español, por favor.
gw : *dalem ati : Shoot!* Err... *mikir2 lama...* Un... Enormous Omelette? (Bis gimana lagi? Menunya namanya begitu!)
Colleague G : HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...
gw : *dalem ati : Sialan ni orang bukannya bantuin gw...* What should I say to her? Omelette Grande? (sambil ketawa2 sambil dongkol).
abis dikasi semuanya, ga yakin dah kelar apa belom...
gw : Esperamos mas? (Do we wait for more? --> or that's it?)
Wendy's Chica : No, es todo.
Cabut dari jendela Wendy's...
Colleague G : Wow what does that mean?
gw : "Do we wait for more?"
Colleague G : Wow Stephanie, that really inspires me to practice my Spanish more...
gw : Ha?!

Colleage G : Look at our apartment, look at that pool over there... It's waiting for our pool party tonite.
gw : Hahahaha... *dalem ati : Yeaaa rite, gw tau ntar malem pasti di plant sampe malem lagi*
Colleague G : A, do you have swimsuit?
Colleague A : No.
Colleague G :We have to get you one. I don't think you'll fit in my Spandex.
gw : omg... Hahahahaha...

Ordering fastfood at McD drive thru...
McD chica : Hola! Bla bla bla... (English : How can I help you with your order?)
Colleague G : *ngeliat gw, mukanya : Cilaka, ni orang ga ngomong Inggris*
then we started teaming up together with Spanish yang dua2nya sungguh pas2an, bahu membahu demi mengisi perut yang kosong abis kerja. Percakapan sering harus diulang karena dia kurang ngerti kita...
McD Chica : What do you want as drink?
Colleague G : *ngeliat gw, mukanya : Sialan, dari tadi keq ngomong Inggris?!?!*
gw : *ngerti mukanya* Maybe she's just not confident with her English... (walopun keki juga, soalnya dah laper, dan "gw + laper = sebel").
Sampe di jendelanya...
Colleague G : You shouldave spoken English since the first time. Your English is good. It's far better than our Spanish combined.
gw : Yeaaa! Be more confident! :D
McD Chica : *Senyum2 malu2...*
Dah cabut...
gw : Dang, Colleague G, I think it was really a survival game. Which one give up first, she or we...

Colleague A : I wanna leave soon.
Colleague G : What are you talking about? You're in Puerto Rico!
Colleague A : A lil bit too long in heaven is not good, you know?
Colleague G + gw : HAHAHAHAHAHA...

gw : I see a stand selling Plaintains there! I like plaintains!
Colleague G : I hate it, avoid it... avoid it...
next time that day...
Colleague G : I kinda feel like having those fried plaintains tomorrow.
gw : No you're not! I know they are your ultimate Puerto Rican enemy...

Colleague G : Dang, it's amazing how the birds here just appear right after sunset.
gw : Huh?!
Colleague G : The mosquito...
gw : ... HAHAHAHAHAHA... *tampaknya tuh orang dah sebel banget sama nyamuk selama di sana...*

The end of the plant visit...
Colleague A : Is there any other issues we hit on while you are here that I miss in the list?
Colleague G : Actually there is... You don't like my hair cut.
gw : HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Colleague A : Yea I think it should be trimmed. Also another item in the list is that you don't like Puerto Rican food.
gw : HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

The Puerto Rico trip was lack of beach visit, but it was one hellufa fun trip for us. :') It makes missing Halloween in Madison a lot more bearable.
Yeay to teamin up when ordering foods in the restaurant in Spanish! We survived those order-takers!

These pictures are as Puerto Rican as we can be in the trip.



In the Hotel... The magazine says "Welcome" :D *warm feeling*




The closest we got to a beach, was behind a restaurant. Nope, we didn't even get into the sand. We had to go back to the plant rite after the lunch. I swear that hammock has my name on it.




The only Puerto Rican food I had in the whole trip : Paella Marinera, side of fried Plaintains. Yummy!




Backyard of my apartment.




Front yard of my apartment.




And the very sad pool we never got the pool party in.




Front face of the apartment, "El Legado"




Backyard of the plant, taken from 4th level above the ground. Reminds me of summer lab...




Our Rental Car, thanx to Budget.