<bgsound src="">

domingo, septiembre 30, 2007

Weekend of 29-30 Sept 07

My weekend turned out to be very interesting...

Saturday Nite : 4pm-7:30pm
Volunteering for the Alligator Festival in Luling, Louisiana.
Task : Delivering beer to happy people (21 and above) in the festival. Draft beer only : Regular Budweiser or BudLight. $3 each.
What's happening : Trained to prepare beer by tilting perfectly, very-little-to-no "header", quick. Gila booo, bicep tangan kiri gw sampe pegel, gara2 cape nuang bir terus... 2.5 jam terakhir semua orang di festival kayanya haus dan ke beer booth kita (pekerja beer booth kita turned out to be all females yang ribut banget serta ceria). Itu keran beer ga pernah ditutup selama 2.5 jam terakhir, cuma gelasnya aje gonta ganti nadahin tuh keran... Literally, the beer was ever-flowing!!
Result : YEAH, I'm officially a pro draft-beer bartender! Btw, I love the free beers I got from volunteering! :)
Observation : Ratio of people consuming BudLight to regular is like 8:1! Coresponds well with the fact that BudLight is the best-selling beer in the US (I still prefer Miller though)
Extra news : First time ever eating a "Fried alligator on a stick". Hahaha, what an experience. Tasted interesting...

Barista Barmaid (correction thanx to "picky" Hackbridge, hahaha) in action. Really, this trailer right here contains all beer!


Ever-flowing Beer Tap. These things are constantly opened for the whole 2.5 hours!


My first alligator


Beer Booth. Look at that man! *lol*


Alligator Festival, post volunteering



Sunday Afternoon
Exploring the French Quarter and River Walk in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Who : D and I.
Task : Finding out more til we drop. Bourbon Street here we come! See New Orleans' culture (see, eat, feel!)
What's happening & Result : Got a seafood Gumbo. Took home Crawfish Etouffe. Lotsa fun and pictures. Got myself cool magnets and shot glass. Amazed. Gila, kalo lost di sini, bener2 ngerasa gedung2nya kaya bukan di Amrik. Hahaha... Guess they call it "French Quarter" for something. Interesting... Some streets are even named in Spanish! And the Jazz... bring it on! *Stenga mati meyakinkan diri untuk TIDAK membeli barang2 berbau musik, karena kelewat banyak!! Sigh... Kalo aje duit gw infinite...*

My roomie D, and I with the New Orleans Bridge (I guess it's the name? Not so sure...)


Along the River Walk


"Gi ngomong apa sih?"


The cable car




"When the Saints go marchin in"


Listen to the Blues!


New Orleans Cathedral.


Pretty lil shoppes.


So New Orleans


Orleans St.


Not in France


Lost in French Quarter. Travellers with no maps whatsoever.


Toko ini dari luar lucu, pas masuk harganya ga lucu!


Minta orang fotoin...